 Off-Topic / Debate / 12276
Re: Pay It Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:02:19 GMT

I think it's fairly clear (to anyone who's spent any time at all in
OT.DEBATE) from Larry's established viewpoint re: communism, as well as from
the context of the brief exchange between Larry and Dan, that Larry is
identifying as false the assertion that Cuba's communist system hasn't
"worked" because of the US's heavy-handed embargo/sanction policy, rather
than from some inherent flaw in the structure of communism.

Correct. US embargoes, while bogus on their very face, and not something I
support in the general case, are not a sufficient excuse for Communism's
failure in Cuba in and of themselves.

Larry: If I'm error in this interpretation, please correct me.  Otherwise,
I applaud your sincere effort not to "pollute this thread" further.

Thanks for the restatement.