 Off-Topic / Debate / 11281
  someone has to say it...

With regards to some of the replys in the "sexism" debate... Do you really think that choosing to raise a family is tatamount to inflicting a prohibitive "medical condition" on ones self? Is a persons only purpose in life to work for a corporate (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) Can you give an example here? I think it's rather cold and callous to talk about unlimited rights to reproduce without regard to the fact that it's not practically possible to allow such rights to exist, nad that you're setting false (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

<snipped your statement> Well said, Kirby! Thanks. Dan (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) Potentially being one of the subjects of this post (?) I'd like to make a distinction here-- I think the first time I was forced to realize it was reading Emanuel Levinas-- the distinction between the morals of charity and justice. Justice is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton writes: [snip] (...) Like so many other political & corporate policies.... ROSCO (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) <snipped some intersting stuff> (...) Right! People have different ideas of what is most important in their lives, and life in general. For some people it's their family, others their friends, some people are just plain hedonistic and live for (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) I think you need to reread my posts then. What I am arguing for is justice for ALL, which would negate the need to even consider charity. If everyone had equal PTO/PFT, regardless of the reason, this debate wouldn't even have had a reason to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) During pregnancy, women do experience a "condition" (my wife is dealing with it right now). She is less able to perform physically. She goes to the car most work days and takes a one hourish nap. And she makes up the time. But she just _could (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) 1st off, just to get it out of the way, what's PTO/PFT? Anyway, you sound like you're saying *equal* charity for *all*, yes? But that really doesn't follow from my own assumptions of what charity is-- charity being that which is selfless, and (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) A little of both dishonesty, laziness, and subconsious bias. And certain people would abuse it more than others, I think-- and of course SOME people abusing it leads to more, when their abuse becomes apparent. And SOME become offended. Etc. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) Yeah, it's too bad people choose dishonesty. It's their honor I guess and it will catch up to them sooner or later. I love watching "Dateline" or "20/20" when they catch people in insurance scams. A guy has "back problems" from a work related (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) Paid Time Off & Paid Flex Time -Duane <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) *Little* problems? Ho ho ho... I dunno, I wouldn't call them that little. <only half tongue in cheek here> I know this varies, but some people I know, me included, have a lot more than just a "little" problem with the period. And I dislike the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: someone has to say it...

(...) My wife (who was on the pill the entire time I knew her, prior to our attempt at pregnancy) suffered very slight physical discomfort from her cycle. However, when she was premenstrual, she was quite simply irrational and agressive. (Of course, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)