 Off-Topic / Debate / 11290
Re: someone has to say it...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 04:59:30 GMT

[snip]

And somewhere between these extremes is the place where we're content as
emplyees. Somewhere where we feel that companies are being fair enough and
charitable enough, without overstepping the boundaries of each. And of
course the actual question Shiri proposed was is giving time off for PMS
symptoms too unjust? Or is *not* allowing time off too uncharitable? Is
there a happy medium between the two wherein a balanced policy can exist?
Personally, I think it's only possible in theory-- in practice such a policy
would become abused and ducked behind.

Like so many other political & corporate policies....

ROSCO