 Off-Topic / Debate / *6541 (-20)
  Re: Look what I found in the comics section!

(...) Yes. Not doing so is stealing. (...) Nope. All that does is identify who the copyright owner is. These days, such a notice is not required to assert copyright ownership. (...) Well, I think people may have tried to ask. They are being put on (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  We have too many cats in our house already

(...) Here's what I said, we shall see what I get back: begin quote: Your ULA on your site says that you have loaned me the hardware that Forbes sent me. I've decided that if I cannot use that hardware in whatever manner I see fit, I may not want (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CueCat calls home when you scan barcodes?

(...) Whoops! Quoting from: (URL) :CueCat reader is only on loan to you from Digital:Convergence and may be recalled at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, your possession or control of the :CueCat reader does not transfer any right, title or (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CueCat calls home when you scan barcodes?

(...) Thanks for the pointer. I'm not going to be using the software sent to me, and if I can't legally use them for anything else, may end up tossing them. That may be an overreaction, I suppose. Companies are certainly able to collect data on me (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) You're absolutely spot on. I thought what the banks lobbied to do to the NCUA was the highest degree of larceny and was relieved when it failed. Believe it or not most of my day to day non investment money is in Credit Unions, I am a big fan (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:G1GpwM.9qL@lugnet.com... (...) Here's a good one: (URL) sets and parts for sale or trade: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nuke Boston (was Re: Resolved: Tall SUVs should not be...)

(...) True - I actually went to .fun first, but didn't think a joke fit into Community, Gaming, Party, Crafts, or Holiday, and didn't realize that I could post directly to .fun, because when I had tried to post directly to (IIRC) .marketplace, it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) with (...) allowing (...) I'm not surprised you take that tack, and I agree although from a different POV. Does anyone remember FSLIC? When the Savings and Loan mess broke, the insuring agency (FSLIC) was merged with FDIC to keep the insurance (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) that (...) Is this debate flamebait? Or sarcasm The FDIC needs to do risk based underwriting instead of charging all banks the same rates. Online banks with lax security should have to pay higher premiums. FUT .debate if you must (seems (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Distribution List Detonation

This thread certainly has exploded over the last few days and I have made an effort to read every post. Some have deeply infuriated me [1]; some provided for valuable new understanding; and overall it has been a valuable discussion. I've resisted (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thanks but no thanks

(...) Just nitpicking here, not sure of the overall relevance, but... Bad analogy. (having tried and failed to move cows and having actually fixed fences). It's a LOT easier to fix a fence that doesn't want to be fixed than to move a cow that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) The protocol for handling some LEGO spam from Andreas shouldn't be. It seems a world of difference (even if it's one of degree instead of kind) from spambots latching on to you and offering nudigifs incesantly. Chris (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Thanks but no thanks

(...) I always try to stay neutral in these mud slings, but I have to agree with Paul. No one should get you mad enough to quit any part of LUGNET. We all disagree at times, we just shouldn't take it personnally. And yet we always do take it (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) He had the opportunity to do that while I was doing business with him. And hey, it'd have been the polite thing to do. (...) You are one mean hombre. While I am genuinely angry with Andreas' actions, I would never compare him to Publisher's (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  CueCat calls home when you scan barcodes?

CueCat users might want to check out this article: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) Don't be a hypocrite. Using this logic, you have stole my valuable time. In all honesty, I would rather delete an email than have to wade through junk like this original post in the market newsgroup. The funny thing is, the most you can (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) I believe that currently their use is in Martha Stewart's TV show (and other productions). However, they were catchphrases in a popular spoof history book when I was a kid called "1066 and all that" along with verdicts on various rulers (eg (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) agreed (...) Actually, I was serious. I wasn't challenging your use, just asking. (...) thinking (...) Sorry. I was trying to be funny and serious at the same time. It's a tightwire act and maybe I just fell to my death. (...) Well, I did a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) Sorry, my bad. How about Unsolicited Commercial E-mail? (...) "Raving nutcake". That's probably close -- I did become a bit unhinged when he intruded his business into my affairs. But I'd draw the line after "raving" but before "nutcake", and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)

(...) I'm just curious on this how people feel about things like magazine renewal notices. In theory, they are in the same category if anything other than a notice on the magazine wrapper. My personal feeling is that I do want to receive renewal (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact