 Off-Topic / Debate / 6539
Re: CueCat calls home when you scan barcodes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:35:11 GMT

Thanks for the pointer. I'm not going to be using the software sent to me, and
if I can't legally use them for anything else, may end up tossing them.

Whoops!

Quoting from: http://www.digitalconvergence.com/ula.html

"The :CueCat reader is only on loan to you from Digital:Convergence and may be
recalled at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, your possession or
control of the :CueCat reader does not transfer any right, title or interest
to you in the :CueCat reader."

So I can't toss them, theoretically, if that agreement is enforcable and if it
applies even if I don't install the sw (I haven't opened the shrinkwrap on it
because there wasn't any. It says "opening means you're bound" but there
wasn't anything to open, the CD carrier wasn't shrinkwrapped)

I think I'll have to write them that they need to send me mailers so I can
send them back.

++Lar