 Off-Topic / Debate / 6538
Re: CueCat calls home when you scan barcodes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:13:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Wilson writes:
CueCat users might want to check out this article:
http://www.privacyfoundation.org/advisories/advCueCat.html

Kevin

Thanks for the pointer. I'm not going to be using the software sent to me, and
if I can't legally use them for anything else, may end up tossing them. That
may be an overreaction, I suppose. Companies are certainly able to collect
data on me with or without my consent, but I prefer full disclosure.

++Lar