 Off-Topic / Debate / *27191 (-20)
  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshelf-- opinions?

(...) Your argument is that I should have acted with more sensitivity? Quoth Lenny (from (URL) this post>): (...) A truly great example of sensitivity there. Even so, I’m not seeing the call for acting with more sensitivity in what you wrote. And (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

(...) Chris, The comment about 'self censorship' wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It's between you and your conscience what you post - nothing to do with me. However I did spot the satire, and enjoyed it, even allowing for the somewhat (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Lenny, The photo's actually part of an (URL) review> of Dino Attack's flagship set, 7477 T-Rex vs. T-1 Typhoon, that I dropped in .military because it was geared toward the crowd there. To summarize three pages of text in a sentence, it's difficult (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

(...) I didn't catch the satire until I read your reply to Allister. I see it now, very subtle. There's just so many people I've seen who'd write exactly what you wrote and mean every word of it. (...) Oh, didn't you read the description? Thats an (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

While I understand your concern Ondrew, but I have to ask where do you draw the line? What about other violent items made from LEGO, what about MOCs of military stuff? Would you suggest that MOCs like this: (URL) limited as well? I don't have the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Lenny, You’re quite right, of course. Add that to the list of problems with both satire and original: they’re hopelessly overwrought. One thread of vociferous objection to a controversial MOC does not make a regime of censorship, nor does one (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

(...) If you think this is an issue now, wait until one of these shows up on LEGO Factory! Then we'll have a serious problem. You can't (by law, at least in the U.S.) buy a toy gun that looks like the real thing, for exactly the reason you cite (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) Perhaps he was the one in ten? Tim (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

(...) I don't follow what you are talking about. First off, are you saying I am a censor? Who else is in this group of censors? How did you determine who's a censor and who isn't? Keep in mind that I have never argued that Richie shouldnt have the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) I dunno about that. I haven't seen much of Ali G, but I read his interview with Buzz Aldrin. Extremely funny, but I don't think Aldrin is an idiot. (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Allister, I usually lurk, but the original post coupled with the recent trends out here begged for a satire. Of course there are holes in this position, the same holes Ondrew’s original has; let’s count them. 1) If I truly “don’t want to create a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

(...) O, I agree, more or less. As is oft repeated, (URL) "LUGNET does not censor">. I believe this also to be a worthy goal of it's members. However, in a civilised community, such as I believe we're trying to build here, a certain amount of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

"Jeff Findley" <jeff.findley@rmspam...mspam.com> wrote in message news:IKz1qq.1yAA@lugnet.com... (...) I agree with this as well. As much as I hate the idea of neo-Nazi's marching down the main street of my town (even though there's only a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Hey all, I’ve noticed lately that there has been a surge in the amount of posts built on the theme of censorship and controlling what people build. Now I really don’t want to cause a fuss considering there are censors throughout the world but for (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Aside from the topic, I have to say that those are some really impressive models! More on topic, I believe that I agree with you OnDrew. About two years ago I attempted my own version of a Desert Eagle but in black with a futuristic fiberoptic (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Life size guns and assault rifles on Brickshellf-- opinions?

Hey all, I’ve noticed lately that there has been a serge in the amount of MOC's built on the theme of guns and assault rifles. Now I really don't want to cause a fuss considering there are weapons throughout the Lego line but for some reason life (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) I firmly believe that true Nazis (in the sense of the word where it is associated with a dark political agenda) would not quite be the kind of people who build Lego spaceships. Not even the most distorted of Nazi minds out there could possibly (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

Richie, I never accused you of being a Nazi, nor do I think you one. I want to be clear on that. I simply found your MOC tasteless and not funny. It spurred my hasty post calling for deletion. I regret that post, but I still feel you MOC was very (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) First thing...inventive model, though some would have question your design selection ;) Personnally I see no real problem with the design...the rotating blades/wings would probably be useful in slowing landings, reducing fuel consuption and (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) Richie, You are not a nazi. This I believe. You meant to show something other than the impression many people got from your MOC - this too I believe, especially so after this last post. Before going further, please let me state that I've (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact