 Off-Topic / Debate / *12696 (-20)
  Re: War

(...) <snipped> It would take too long to respond to every item in your post so let me just say that we agree killing innocent people is wrong. Also, we can agree that demonizing and making generic assumptions about another culture is wrong. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We don't live in America, America lives in US!

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GJMC0I.Cz8@lugnet.com... (...) Eh Mathew I am sorry, OK? I know you are hurting. It was insensitive of me to pick on what you posted. I am sure that we have much in common, and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJMFCE.LKt@lugnet.com... (...) Larry. Peace. We are on the same side. I admitted I was wrong to flame Greg, he has admitted he might have worded his post better. It is all to easy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

Well, if anyone had any doubts that our anonymous foe is prepared for a long, drawn-out struggle, those should be laid to rest by now. Details aren't all in, but it appears those who didn't get a chance to carry out their "missions" on Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Terrorist Attacks: Why and What Now?

Hello everybody, let me express my deepest sympathy with the victims of the terrorist attack as well as their families and friends. I hope no one of the LUGNET community was affected, directly or indirectly. When I was watching TV the evening after (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

This is a response to random acts of absolute disinformation perpetrated by many in the discussion of Arab terrorism, of what our response should be, and the Palestinian plight - and whatever else spues forth from my inability to contain myself any (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) War is a terrible thing and no one should jump on the war bandwagon without a very good reason and only after he has considered all the possible alternatives. (...) Pick a war in history in which you think the winning side was right to go to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) murder (...) cross (...) Not the same thing at all. Something closer would be if you buy a baseball bat...and kill me with it you are no more guilty than if you take that same bat and keep swinging it at a pile of baseballs when you know (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) Good. We've done enough of that already, and frankly I'm tired of it. (...) Agreed. Security is a large issue here. My brother-in-law work for Delta Airlines and I could tell you some amazing stries about lax security, but I don't see any (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) with (...) I realise I've snipped a lot of stuff and I will get back to it later, but I think here lies the fundamental difference in our opinions. The answer is no, I identify no difference between the deliberate murder of innocent civilians (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Jeez, you're willing to go a long way for the sake of equivocation. If they are being used as human shields, then the people using them as shields are responsible for their deaths. So, no--it's not okay to murder them, and the people using (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) NP. I did come off harshly, so that is understandable. (...) 'we'll take you down permanently' means that we'll go to any lengths to protect our freedoms, even killing terrorists if it comes down to it. Personally, I feel that this is a case (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) I would call it self-evident, though I will attempt to construct a syllogism for you. In the meantime, I likewise would ask you for your refutation of my assertion. (...) Do (...) Well, now you're quibbling. Whether he actually leaves the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) < (...) So that makes it OK to murder them? (...) Weren't several thousand (est) innocent Americans just murdered for the pursuit of a (as yet unknown) goal? ROSCO (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Very true. The American public certainly didn't wan war on September 10th. Diabolic acts of wanton destruction and the tragic sacrifce of thousands of innocents has changed our collective mind. 92% of the American public support the idea of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Actually, it's a combination of the two, but I won't split hairs on this one. (...) That were being used as human shields and no, it doesn't sound familiar. Saddam kept hiding. QWB was quite public about where he's been. GWB wasn't anywhere (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) and (...) According to whom? (...) In fact it's unlikely bin Laden actually leaves his "protective apron" - he probably delegates any international tasks to others. And how is applying military force to the people of Afghanistan, many of whom (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) I do not believe that, Dave! (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba

(...) You find it funny that someone can admit they are wrong about something without being repeatedly prodded? (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cuba

I have been meaning to come back to this for some time (...) I am going to differ with you on this point. The Warsaw Pact nations, as far as I am concerned, during the period up until about 1989 or so, were so effectively under the control of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact