 Off-Topic / Debate / *12621 (-20)
  Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJLyB5.1oE@lugnet.com... (...) 1. Assassination squads. Are small hit teams more likely to get though to the precise target? Don't admit you do it either, so you can't create a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Sorting Air Safety (Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them)

(...) What is being proposed is not Air safety but Defense against forign (or possibly domestic) attack. Defending the people is a primary function of any governnment even under the most libertarian models. Lester (Who almost always agrees with (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Sorting Air Safety (Re: Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them)

It appears to me that your post is nothing but a troll for a bunch of angry replies... but I may be wrong. (...) I'm glad you have broken your own moratorium Larry, I have been waiting to ask you if you still think removing federal involvement in (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) Neither could I resist making the somewhat sad statement in the first place. The irony was that I lived near a toffee factory which emitted a saliva inducing sickly sweet aroma at times when I couldn't actually buy toffee (or Mars Bars) in the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Rooting out nests of snakes and destroying them

To the people who think that the subject line isn't the right way to view what needs to be done now, I would invite you to suggest another course of action. Ignoring the problem isn't going to work. Appeasement isn't going to work. Sanctions aren't (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Manic Ramblings-World Altering Events Through Depression's Eyes

Dave I too feel your fustration. I have a bit of vigilante in me. I have spoke in front of City Hall a number of times when I felt it was necc. to get my opinion out and make my voice heard. In a situation like this we are helpless in that regard. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

bin Laden declared war on the US some time ago. We were fools for not paying attention. But that's what we do, we ignore small pests until they get out of hand... (...) Correct. (...) Correct. It is indeed a wake up call. (...) You're full of it (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) If you had the toffee, would you need the Mars Bar :) (sorry, couldn't resist!) Psi (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plane crash in New York?

(...) heh, for all practical purposes, I have :) only reason I have a copy is that it was a present, and it does make a good reference book, esp for .debate. (...) It is my opinion that the land of Israel doesn't belong to the Israelis because the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Just in case you didn't notice "they" (terrorists) just made Martyrs out of thousands of people on 09/11/2001. That was as much a mistake for them as it was for Japan to attack Pearl Harbor 12/07/1941. We have Martyrs too and we will take (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) We gave peace a chance. Then two commercial airliners hit the twin WTC buildings. If you are suggesting we forget about it and "give peace a chance", hoping peace prevails and nothing happens again...thats downright confusing to me. We are not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Evil, attack on freedom and democracy

(...) [Snip: bible interpretation equating the WTC as symbol of greed] (...) Wow, normally I try to stay away from .debate, but I feel compelled to answer this one. Tore, I'm sorry about your personal situation, but you need to take a step back, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Harry Potter getting left out

(...) I'm all for shops opening whenever they feel like it, the local city centre Tesco here has just started opening 24 hours a day and it is an extremely useful facility, especially for those of us who sometimes work odd hours. A chat with one of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Only one tower insured?

Have a look at this from Sky News: (URL) It seems that the insurance only covered loss of one tower, $1.2bn, compared to total value of $5bn. I wonder though, if Bush gets his way and it is declared an 'act of war', if they even get that much? I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) The limiting of the response limits the cost of committing these acts acceptable. Make the cost unacceptable, and the people willing to commit them will decrease, either through their own choices, or by the choices of their neighbors who don't (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Bin Laden was a part of the Mujahedin guerilla, fighting the Soviet troops as they tried to invade Afghanistan. Key members of the Mujahedin guerilla where trained by the CIA, and rather successfully, too. They did hold off the Soviet troops (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Israel has been doing the exact thing the US has been, which is not working - limited responce. They bomb a street, Israel attacks a command post. They shoot at a schoolbus, Israel takes out a training camp. It's the _limiting_ of that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) And which government do you think has funded them and trained them? Which country's special forces trained Bin Laden in military and guerilla tactics? Which country trained the Iraqi troops? Which nation provides the most funds to the IRA? (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Yeah, and how exactly do we give peace a chance? What does that mean, just keep waving our fingers at these groups and the governments that fund, train, harbor, and protect them? Take it on the chin again and ask one government or another to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) While it may be true that _portions_ of the footage were not in celebration of the attacks, the majority of it most definitely was. I have a friend and co-worker who is visiting family in Jordan. He managed to get an e-mail through and said (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact