 Off-Topic / Debate / 12602
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:08:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
hmmm...  Can you quote ANY source (I'll even accept palestinian sources for now) that says that the cheering was not for the success of the attack?

The Syrian, Egyptian and Saudi Arabian broadcast news made note that
portions of the footage shown on American TV were actually unrelated to the
attacks.

While it may be true that _portions_ of the footage were not in celebration
of the attacks, the majority of it most definitely was. I have a friend and
co-worker who is visiting family in Jordan. He managed to get an e-mail
through and said that people were crowding the streets, cheering and
celebrating, when they heard about the attacks.

Whether or not the footage was related to the attacks does not really matter
all that much. The fact is that they did celebrate over it.

--
Jeromy Irvine