 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 737
Re: HES Valhalla - Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 05:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
At a glance it looks like an overview of the real thing
(as was borne out by a passing coworker who thought I
was looking at some sort of Navy website.)  Fantastic
work!

High praise indeed - thanks...

[The MB] helicopter is so awesome I've bought (at last
count) 24 of them.

Ahhh, I don't feel quite so sheepish about how many I bought now :-)

They're a great resource for red 2x4 bricks, white 2x4
bricks, clear 2x2 slopes, and a host of other bits and
pieces.  If the ProBuilder line is MegaBloks' answer
to Lego's bulk ordering, I'd say they're on the right
track!

Couldn't agree more:

Vegetation and terrain from the tank set (which is also a fine tank)
Castles, naval vessels and starships from the battleship and carrier (and
the battle ship also has a chunk of sand coloured pieces for beaches)
Rivers and seas from the jet plane (which is also a fine jet plane)
Rooves and windows from the helo (which is also a fine helo)

And cheap?  Mate!

And (for the naysayers) yes yes they're not the same quality, but what sort
of quality do you need for castle walls, ship hulls, seas and grass?

Bring on the Whitehouse set - gleaming white starship hulls.......

<<drool>>

Richard
Still baldly going...
See the Valhalla for yourself at