 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 735
Re: HES Valhalla - Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 04:04:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Peter Callaway writes:

Egads Man!

How many of those MB Battleships did you need for that???

Ummm <<shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot sheepishly>> 5 aircraft
carriers and three battleships :-)  That would be a bit less than A$500.  I
could not afford to be doing this in Lego.

I did have two battleship boxes full of pieces left over - just enough to
start on HES Indescribable, an escort destroyer (one can never have too much
AA ;-)

This opens new possibilities for my TantiveIV project. A mix of MB and LEGO
might eliminate the compatibility problems you mentioned.

*Absolutely* it does.

On the compatibility side, it seems to work fine to build the core (great
big) bit out of MB and use Lego for the finer and more gorgeous bits.  I
haven't seen MB baseplates, and you (in particular) would still to be
hunting for grey plates, but the whole block/plate relationship is a bit
different with MB, as was discussed in previous threads.

Once you get your hands on this stuff, you might find the need for plates
diminishes a little.

And there's even a big red helicopter, choc-a-block with just the stuff you
need to add your red details to the Tantive IV.

Oh, and wait until I get back to Oz to the rest of my LEGO (and a nice big
room to build it in).

Looking forward to it ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...