 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 736
Re: HES Valhalla - Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 14:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Parsons writes:

How many of those MB Battleships did you need for that???

Ummm <<shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot sheepishly>> 5 aircraft
carriers and three battleships :-)  That would be a bit less than A$500.  I
could not afford to be doing this in Lego.

  Goodness gracious that's a big boat!  As much as I would love to see it in
person, I really like the presentation of the pix on your page.  At a glance
it looks like an overview of the real thing (as was borne out by a passing
coworker who thought I was looking at some sort of Navy website.)  Fantastic
work!

And there's even a big red helicopter, choc-a-block with just the stuff you
need to add your red details to the Tantive IV.

  That helicopter is so awesome I've bought (at last count) 24 of them.
They're a great resource for red 2x4 bricks, white 2x4 bricks, clear 2x2
slopes, and a host of other bits and pieces.  If the ProBuilder line is
MegaBloks' answer to Lego's bulk ordering, I'd say they're on the right track!

     Dave!