 Marketplace / Theory / 858
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:29:57 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3894379C.B58A17EE@voyager.net>...
However all the other examples you cite DO cost me money when I deposit
via my CU and DON'T when I go to a local bank where I have a  savings
account just for that reason. But **I** surcharge for going to the bank
because I have to physically go there. My CU I can just mail deposits in
via postage paid mailers they supply.

Postage paid deposit mailers is one of the reasons I stuck with my small
town bank so long. Unfortunately, they got sucked up by a bigger bank
(though we didn't really notice much difference then), then when that bank
got sucked up by another bank, my small bank's customers were given to
another bank to prevent the big bank from being a monopoly, and now there is
another bank merger. Now I need to call them and see about closing the
account, it's just getting ridiculous and I never use it anymore anywise,
and all the nice benefits of the small bank are long gone (funny thing, the
fees have gone up, I had to switch to a lower service account to avoid a
monthly fee, and my account isn't going to convert automatically to
something which avoids a monthly fee).

Of course down here I use the credit union, glad I'm in a job which offers a
credit union. I'm also glad almost everywhere takes credit cards these days.
I tend to carry very little cash, and don't get too concerned about ATM
fees.

Frank