 Marketplace / Auctions / 4243
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:31:51 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38931184.B08E05C4@voyager.net>...
I'd say you have cause for complaint then, unless this is the FIRST time
this seller has ever sold to Canada... check his feedbacks to see if you
can spot anyone from CA and ask him what the deal is. If it is, I'd cut
him a little slack, but not a lot (to the extent that I wouldn't leave
him a positive feedback as he didn't do his homework).

I'd also consider breaking that MO at your bank and turning it into a
Postal MO which he can cash free at his PO when he goes to mail the
package. Extra expense and hassle for you, but less than paying 20
bucks!

And of course little worries about things like this are why many sellers
insist on only US buyers. I have been involved in turning around one or two
sellers, in acting as a US agent for someone from the UK (though since we
are playing the factoring game with each other, he's had a lot of things
shipped to me for consolidation of shipment to the UK [and not costing much
for the domestic shipment because I had stuff coming from the same seller,
the most recent action was even with Canada, he's returned the favor by
paying sellers in the UK for me, or picking up stuff from the UK for me]).

Frank