 Marketplace / Auctions / 4234
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:45:09 GMT

My bank charges $20.

HOWEVER, if your Money Order is a Canadian Postal Money Order, he can cash
that for FREE at the US Postal Service.  You might want to let him know
that, and go get a CDN PMO if yours isn't one.

John Koob wrote:

Does anyone know of a bank in the USA that would charge a $15 fee
to process an international money order in US funds?

I've won an RCX from someone on eBay, and, since I'm in Canada,
told the seller that I'd send the MO (which is drawn on an American
bank).  Now, I just got an email where he claims that his bank will
charge this processing fee, and he wants me to pay it or he won't
complete the transaction.

I have the MO ready to go, but, fortunately, I have not sent it yet.
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do.  After many positive
Lugnet and eBay deals, this is my first to sour...

--
John
(remove the obvious to reply)

--