 Marketplace / Auctions / 4235
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 06:09:56 GMT

Banks only charge this fee when they're feeling like patriotic morons.  If the
MO is drawn from an American Bank (Citicorp for example), the the routing
number will be for Citicorp NY, even though it may be drawn from a Canadian
branch.  I've argued this point with bankers who seem to apply the rules at
their own whim, not looking at the facts.  Sound like your seller is
dealing with one of these fools, so your best bet is to cash in your MO and go
with the Postal MO as was previously suggested.

Dan