 Marketplace / Theory / 857
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:07:40 GMT

I think I read John's post too fast. If John is talking about a US money
order drawn on a US branch of a US bank, I agree with you, it's blatant
and there is no reason for it. The seller may be confused or shady.

However all the other examples you cite DO cost me money when I deposit
via my CU and DON'T when I go to a local bank where I have a  savings
account just for that reason. But **I** surcharge for going to the bank
because I have to physically go there. My CU I can just mail deposits in
via postage paid mailers they supply.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!