 Marketplace / Auctions / 4227
Re: Questionable eBay auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:23:41 GMT

I don't know the answer to your question, but if this person is being such a
stinker (or maybe the bank is the stinker) and you want the item, you might
want to try to arrange payment thru bid pay. I haven't used it yet, so I can't
give you my experiences with it, but it looks like a good solution.
http://www.bidpay.com/

Julie

In lugnet.market.auction, John Koob writes:
Does anyone know of a bank in the USA that would charge a $15 fee
to process an international money order in US funds?

I've won an RCX from someone on eBay, and, since I'm in Canada,
told the seller that I'd send the MO (which is drawn on an American
bank).  Now, I just got an email where he claims that his bank will
charge this processing fee, and he wants me to pay it or he won't
complete the transaction.

I have the MO ready to go, but, fortunately, I have not sent it yet.
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do.  After many positive
Lugnet and eBay deals, this is my first to sour...

--
John
(remove the obvious to reply)