 Marketplace / Theory / 2564
Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:22:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:

D. Why do you purchase Lego elements through Shop@Home versus BrickLink? Or
BrickLink over Shop@Home?

If something is available both at S@H and BL, I will typically get it via S@H.
Mostly a matter of convenience.  S@H takes my Visa.  It's a secure site, and
keeps my shopping cart from session to session.  The 'is this seller honest/will
the PO lose the package/how will the bricks be packed' worry doesn't exist.
One-stop shopping with no e-mail back and forth; I submit my order, and 5-7 days
later it's on my doorstep.

I buy at Bricklink when I see a sizeable quantity of something on my want list,
or when I have a project that needs parts S@H doesn't have and I can't easily
part out sets from retail for the quanity I want.

James