 General / 43032
Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:02:41 GMT

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message
Of course Lego Direct will never (2) match the selection at BrickLink. • And
the pricing is often better through BrickLink.

Don't bet the farm on it... look at the Pick-a-Brick, the stores at the
parks with their part sales. They're simply learning how to set it up. And
they are limited in the amount of new releases for each year, which
explains why it takes time.

Which is why I added a "never say never?" tag to my post!

The major downside to Pick-A-Brick is geography. I'm in Philadelphia PA USA
and I don't see any stores opening within two hours of me anytime soon.
(Will the Lego Outlet in VA get Pick A Brick?)

Believe me, I would love to walk into the Lego store in my local mall and
scoop whatever bricks I need into a baggie, slap down a $20 and walk out.

But at this time, sadly, I can only do this in my imagination at the
imaginary store.

(See my imaginary brick scoop? I'm scooping into a bin of purple 2x4
bricks... and scooping some more! <grin>)

Bryan