 Marketplace / Theory / 2078
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:46:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Wayne R. Hussey writes:

Of course there are many people who want what I generically call "the
fluff", but there are not enough of them to take care of the oversupply. So,
IMHO the market looks saturated because there is a lot of stuff listed. But
in reality, there are a lot of people out there looking for the truly hard
to find stuff (I'm in this group) and can't find it. So, I cannot subscribe
to the idea of the market being saturated - no matter how much stuff gets
listed.

All my parts are fluff. I freely admit it. At least, they are fluff to me,
because they are leftovers from the kit parting process. So I keep
discounting them, perhaps not as aggressively as I should, but I do discount
them when I remember.

But one person's fluff is another person's useful treasure as I HAVE sold
some of my parts, and some of my non MTW sets too.

++Lar