 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11321
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:05:03 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ...
  had, so parters' margins aren't quite as high.  And, of course,
  don't underestimate the effect of BrickBay on taking a few
  possible bidders out of the pool for any one lot of pieces
  available in current sets.

  So I disagree with Kevin that it's the change of seasons.
  That's never shown to be a factor before, at least not in
  my experience.

I think Kevin and Lindsay are both right - the supply (eBay and Brickbay)
has exploded without the demand increasing to match, so prices have dropped,
and we are now approaching the seasonal slump so things are likely to get
worse. The eBay seasonal slump is usually June/July/Aug (students back home
without their college Net access, people out in the sunshine) so what we've
seen so far is not part of that, but in my experience from 1999 and 2000 it
is definitely real.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1