 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11314
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:24:56 GMT

I kinda agree with Kevin (although the weather in Michigan has been more like
England for the last few weeks, cold and rainy).  Maybe people are waiting for the
July surprise from Lego Direct.

Anyway, I look at it as a good opportunity to BUY!

Gary Istok

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Matt Penney writes:
Why are the Prices so low at Ebay right now?  A friend asked if I would help
him out by helping him sell off his collection.  Ebay isn't bringing the
results I have commonly seen in the past.  *shrug* Any gueses? Should I wait
before posting more of his collection?

I think one of the biggest factors for a depressed Lego market right now is due
to something very simple:

Change of Seasons.

The northern hemisphere of the world is now experiencing summer.  It is my
guess that people spend less time in front of the computer in warmer weather.
No fancy analysis, just my guess.  More time outside enjoying outdoor
activities means less screen time and, likely, less time spent thinking about
Lego--be it buying, selling, building, etc.