 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11323
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:01:23 GMT

- the supply (eBay and Brickbay)has exploded without the demand increasing
to match, so prices have dropped,

Supply has definatly EXPLODED.  I remember when I first started collecting
GREAT deals could be found on almost any store shelf.  I bought a Black Sea
Baracuda for $35, 6 Sea Jets for $4.35 ea., 2 Majic Flash for $20 ea. and
passed on a Technic Super Car for $60 (ug!).  The down side was I thought
that I was the only Adult in Texas who still "collected" (not "played with"
:) Lego.

Then the internet boom hit.  EBAY HAD LEGOS, oh my gosh!!  And 17 PAGES of
Legos at THAT!  EVERY auction was selling for more than it was worth, even
junk pieces.  Today ebay has 12-20 NEW pages of Lego a DAY!  If your looking
for something it will probably show up once a week, even "rare" items.
Brickbay has added another solid supplier in the mix with better prices and
the ability to pick exactly what you want.

So does this mean ebay's supply will soon start to crash?  Remembering the
old days, I told my friend I could sell his collection on Ebay and he would
get a good return.  Now the auctions are sitting without one bid (at $1)
with less than an hour to go.  Times HAVE Changed.

ebay id glister54