 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11324
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Matt Penney writes:

<snip>

So does this mean ebay's supply will soon start to crash?  Remembering the
old days, I told my friend I could sell his collection on Ebay and he would
get a good return.  Now the auctions are sitting without one bid (at $1)
with less than an hour to go.  Times HAVE Changed.

ebay id glister54

Also, the fact that Lego S@H has been selling old discontinued sets through
the S@H phone special must be impacting sale prices to a certain degree.

First, Fort Legoredo was offered (although not on sale, but I'm sure that
didn't matter) and now this week it's Canyon Showdown 6799 for $8.00 instead
of $10.00.  So a hard to find set is now available for a short time at a 20%
discount.  I paid about $11 to $13 for my 2 copies on Ebay and now I bought
2 more so at least for me, I won't buy any more of the Canyon Showdown
(unless the price is like $2.00).

Also, a while back I was trying to buy the 4555 Freight Loading Station but
didn't want to pay the extra money for an Ebay purchase.  Then I saw the
thread on Lugnet that told of the limited number of sets available through
S@H for slightly more than original MSRP.  I jumped right away and was able
to buy it at that time.

Don't forget the Wal-Mart Clearance sale on the Tie, X-Wing, Silver Champion
etc. sets at Christmas time which probably caused a dip in their prices for
at least a while.

- Bob