 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11300
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:09:06 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Matt Penney writes:
Why are the Prices so low at Ebay right now?  A friend asked if I would
help
him out by helping him sell off his collection.  Ebay isn't bringing the
results I have commonly seen in the past.  *shrug* Any gueses? Should I
wait before posting more of his collection?

At a guess, I'd say that it's a combination of eBay finally reaching a
market saturation, and the blah economy starting to trickle down to
secondhand markets.

By market saturation, I mean that enough people are aware of and using
eBay that the general trend is shifting towards deal-finding, and away
from "just saw it, gotta have it, might not see it again" buying.

'Course, I'm not an economist or anything like, so I'm probably out to
lunch.

Well your reasoning sounds logical to me... and eBay Germany is doing even
worse than eBay USA... now since I'm mainly an eBay BUYER I'm not
complaining :-)

Indeed, there isn't much that isn't offered at least once a month on eBay
at the moment, that sure makes for low(er) prices. Just look at Metroliner
/ 7740 prices for instance, almost half of what they were about 1.5 years
ago!
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net