 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11296
Re: tips wanted: Selling Custom Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Matt Penney writes:
Why are the Prices so low at Ebay right now?  A friend asked if I would help
him out by helping him sell off his collection.  Ebay isn't bringing the
results I have commonly seen in the past.  *shrug* Any gueses? Should I wait
before posting more of his collection?

At a guess, I'd say that it's a combination of eBay finally reaching a
market saturation, and the blah economy starting to trickle down to
secondhand markets.

By market saturation, I mean that enough people are aware of and using eBay
that the general trend is shifting towards deal-finding, and away from "just
saw it, gotta have it, might not see it again" buying.

'Course, I'm not an economist or anything like, so I'm probably out to lunch.

$0.02

James