 Marketplace / Shopping / 9377
Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:36:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Jardine writes:

Here's a different perspective:
I recently received somewhat of a windfall - a number of older sets, mostly
from themes I have no interest in.  I want to sell them on Bricklink to
support my other Lego purchases.  Being a first-time seller, how can I get
full value for these items?

If I were buying something, I suppose I would rather deal with someone with
1000 instances of positive feedback than someone "unknown."  Still, it doesn't
sit well knowing I probably won't be able to sell these items at the same
price as someone with tons of feedback.  I don't plan on becoming a regular
seller, so building up positive feedback through selling these items at a
cut price isn't much consolation.

Jeff J

   Jeff,

  When listing your older parts just take the extra time needed to explain
the exact condition the parts are in (and price them accordingly), this will
booster confidence in buyers. Do more than just write good or excellent on
parts that are pricey...go further and add no stress marks or only the
slightest of wear etc. The truth is...the good ole rare parts sell
themselves, and accumulating positive feedback should be easy.

Brett
Pyrite's Plunder