 Marketplace / Shopping / 9346
Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Wilson writes:
Greg Perry wrote in message ...
In order to provide myself with a bit of a vent, I thought I’d post this
message and see if others share my perspective/experiences or whether I’m
just completely wrong in my attitude and thinking (wouldn’t be the first
time).

Oh believe me Greg, you're not alone. Here's one message I posted about this
kind of thing to Bricklink:
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=3877

Were you able to resolve this with the seller?

I too am extremely picky about my used parts so I only buy new or pick through
bargain lots from eBay (I'm the kind of person who has trouble picking out
produce at the grocery store because after the first few pieces I start to see
every blemish and can't go on-- yeah, weird, I know).  I just started putting
used things on in my store in the last couple of months and have found that
with accurate descriptions they DON'T SELL unless they are extremely rare.  Of
course I understand that.  Heck, I wouldn't buy used what I could get new for a
few cents more.  But as you say, I'd be mighty ticked if I received obviously
used parts that had been advertised as new.

Maggie C.