 Marketplace / Shopping / 9344
Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:44:33 GMT

Greg Perry wrote in message ...
In order to provide myself with a bit of a vent, I thought I’d post this
message and see if others share my perspective/experiences or whether I’m
just completely wrong in my attitude and thinking (wouldn’t be the first
time).

Oh believe me Greg, you're not alone. Here's one message I posted about this
kind of thing to Bricklink:
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=3877

I just don't buy used pieces AT ALL because of the risk of getting what
Richard Marchetti terms "ABC" (already been chewed) pieces, but even when
buying pieces marked as New, when I buy from someone I haven't used before I
regularly see dirty, chipped, unusable pieces.

My list of favorites to buy from include Troy, Melanie and Brett as yours
does, but also Terry C (Bricks by Terry), Kevin (Pegasus), Darren (Ozparts),
Julie (GoB - ABS4All), Darryl (the Lego Room), Jeff (A Click Away), Dan
Siskind (Brickmania), Mike Walsh (GoB - Brick Depot), Roxanne (Brickparts),
and Gerry (Bear's World).

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002
Hospital 2396 piece kit - only one left!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
The Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): http://www.bricksmiths.com
Personal Lego Web page: