 Marketplace / Shopping / 5801
Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Cooper writes:
Here it is nearly three days after the original post and Walmart still has
the $24.97 price listed.

Actually,  it's been almost 6 days:  the first word of this that I saw was on
r.t.l.,  about Tuesday.

you would think upper level
management is aware of the problem by now.

It's definitely been reported to them:  since I happen to feel the same way
about exploiting mistakes as Chris does,  I called up and asked what the real
story is.  The rep I spoke to said that they weren't sure which price is
wrong,  but that it had been reported last week,  with a request that the
website be fixed.

I decided at that point that the error was most likely on the ordering page:
I know that,  if *I* were in Walmart management,  and someone told me that my
company was losing money at a rate of over a million bucks a year due to a
pricing error,  it wouldn't matter whether anyone was on call or not.  I'd be
on the phone to the webmaster,  telling him that he could either come in
*immediately* and fix it,  or come in Monday to pick up his pink slip.

So,  a few kids are going to get something a little more mentally-stimulating
than toy guns and action figures for Christmas this year...

Ran