 Marketplace / Shopping / 5798
Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:29:15 GMT

Here it is nearly three days after the original post and Walmart still has
the $24.97 price listed. I'm beginning to think Walmart doesn't mind at all
blowing these droid sets out at that price. With all of us taking advantage
of the deal, and in large quantities in some cases, and the fact that
supervisors are called over to approve the sale, you would think upper level
management is aware of the problem by now. I believe they are aware, but
just don't mind eliminating stock.

The only other theory is that the price discrepancy was put in place Friday
evening and everyone that could correct the problem went home for the
weekend. I guess no one is on call to make pricing corrections. If this
theory is true, then the pricing will likely be fixed early Monday morning.
If you believe this theory, then you still have a little time to get your
order in.

By the way, when you point out the price difference you don't have to ask or
DEMAND that they honor the reduced price. There is no fight. They just say
we'll sell it to you for that price, how many do you want?

--Dave

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Neal writes:

Christopher Lindsey wrote:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

If you're waiting for that, DON'T, because they told me the $24.97 is the WRONG
price, $54.83 is the RIGHT price.  Sooner or later, they'll correct the Search
price, and you won't get any at $24.97.  CALL NOW and order them.

I don't think I can do that in good conscience knowing that I'm
exploiting a mistake on their site.

They *know* it is a mistake, but they are honoring the price anyway because they
feel *they* have to in good conscience.  Nobody is forcing them to honor that
price-- certainly not me.  I just thought I'd give it a whirl, and it worked.  I
never once thought to *demand* the lower price.

-John

But thanks for the clarification -- at least I can stop checking every
hour now.  :)

Chris