 Marketplace / Shopping / 5780
Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:54:08 GMT

lol I had about the very same experience (maybe we got the same customer
service rep:-)  I also got 10, and would like to say kudos to Wal*mart for
standing by their policy-- they even got a bookmark from me;-)

-John

David Cooper wrote:

Incredible! Thanks to the original poster of this thread. I called Wally
World yesterday after noticing the price discrepancy was still on their
site. Not wanting to push my luck on the pricing error, I originally asked
for two sets at the $24.97 price. The customer service person I spoke to was
very friendly and was given immediate approval by his supervisor. You would
think that they would only sell me one or two at that price just for good
customer relations, but limit the sale to one or two. That's not the case at
all. He asked me if I only wanted the two. I said, "well I would take 4 if
allowed." He said, "only 4, what about the rest of the kids in the
neighborhood." I said, "ok, 10." It was a done deal. They charged my credit
card for the full price, then credited me back the difference. Needless to
say, there will be a lot of Droid Developer Kits under various trees this
Christmas. Kudos to Walmart. They are trying hard to develop good will among
customers with their new site design.

--David

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas D. Fulk, Jr. writes:
   Yesterday at about 5:30PM EST I ordered 2 sets, online at $24.97.
I had noticed the 24.97 price on the search engine about 3 days ago.
At that time they rang up as 99.97 (ouch!)  I just kept checking and
they finally came up correctly priced in my shopping cart yesterday.
I didn't even think of calling their customer service line.  I'm glad
they are making it right for everyone.