 Marketplace / Shopping / 5804
Re: Walmart special on Droid Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:39:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher Lindsey writes:

But at this point I know what the price is supposed to be, so asking them
to honor the mistake on the Web site seems unfair at this point.

Strictly speaking,  you don't know:  see my earlier post on the subject.  You
might feel that the uncertainty still warrants waiting:  I know that I'd wait,
*if* I could be certain that they weren't going to be sold out before the
"true price" is absolutely known.

My feeling is that,  since I told them I wasn't going to buy if they knew the
$25 price was wrong,  they gave me reason to believe it was likely to be
right,  and freely agreed to go ahead with the deal,  it's not incumbent upon
me to take care of them by risking missing out on a legitimate bargain.

This is
also just my opinion

No,  it's a standard that you live by,  even if it costs you.  An one that
helps make the world a little nicer place to live.

I probably shouldn't
have responded initially.

Well,  I'm glad you did:  I found it very refreshing.  You stated what you
felt,  and how you intended to act,  without trying to frame it as a universal
moral principle.

Ran