 Marketplace / Shopping / 11954
    Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Daniel Siskind
   At the last weekend's GMLTC showing, I found out from another club member that LEGO still had some of the light gray brick packs available. Still in need of several thousand pre-2004 light gray bricks to finish the stand for battleship project, I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Burkhard Schloemer
     (...) Wait a minute. That's Daniel Siskind, as in "creator of LEGO set ´3739 Blacksmith shop´"? And I thought TLG would send flowers at your birthdays and lots of free stuff at christmas! :( Well, know-nothing company ogres can be that way. But I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Benjamin Medinets
     Wow!!! That is crazy. I can see an "amateur start-up" making that kind of rookie mistake but that shouldn't happen at a seasoned place like our dear Lego Shop@Home. I had one order this fall that was pretty messed up as well. I ordered a bunch of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —David Koudys
     In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) Are you sure this wasn't a PayPal issue? I remember reading a while back that when you use PayPal to purchase something, PayPal 'blocks off' the monetary ammount from your credit card (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Daniel Siskind
     (...) You are way off the mark here. I love the building system, have been playing with it for over 20 years. Yet I find it impossible to give any more money to a company has little regard for its cutomers other than making a profit from them and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Bryan Wong
      (...) Not to add fuel to the fire, but coming from a person who has actually benefitted financially from TLG, this has got to be pretty serious... -Bryan (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —David Koudys
     In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) Eh, I've been off-base before, but that's the way the message presented itself to me. You've stated that you've had various negative dealings with TLC--my dealings with them have been (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Mark Sandlin
     (...) I can understand being frustrated, but writing off the entirety of the LEGO company because one keyboard jockey at S@H made a mistake is pretty lame. It can often take weeks to resolve credit card mistakes because of the lengthy processes (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Larry Lesser
     (...) I agree, let the bank fight it out for you. That is why we pay what we pay is service fees to the banks. Call Paypal and tell them the whole situation, they should take care of it for you. If they don't you can make an ideal threat to contact (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) You may well get a "Jake who?".. he doesn't sit in Enfield and may not be in their phone system. Also I am not sure that Jake can (or should) help in specific cases. He doesn't work for Shop at Home. He's also not necessarily tasked with (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

          Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Ray Sanders
       (...) Indeed... and whos to say that the same thing isn't happening to non-AFOLs using the same type of card (PayPal or otherwise) ? TLC should be big enough (and have have a loud enough voice) to talk to PayPal and get something resolved about the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

          Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) Jake McKee
      (...) I seriously doubt that you'd get a "Jake who?" from anyone but the rollover call center. I worked and lived in Enfield for two years and have traveled back and forth there regularly for a year before and a year after. I've worked with and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

          Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Daniel Siskind
      (...) I guess thanks are in order to you Jake for looking in on this for me. I was not looking for any kind of special intervention to resolve this issue, which is why I didn't use any of my "pull" with employees I know in the first place. My point (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

          Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —David Koudys
       In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: <snip> (...) See, much nicer with the wording. Maybe it is me, but I liked how you presented yourself in this posting much more than the other one. Dave K -can't we all just... get along... ;) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

          Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Marc Nelson, Jr.
      In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: snip (...) What does the above passage refer to? What kind of special treatment do train clubs and "elite AFOLs" get? Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —John Gerlach
      (...) But, I seem to recall that PayPal goes to great lengths to say they're not a "bank"... As someone who both knows Dan, and has been a fan of LEGO for nearly 40 years, I'm leaning towards the "this is a busy season at Shop@Home" line of thought, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

         Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Steven Coallier
     (...) Paypal is not exactly a bastion of customer service either. Clearly they enjoy their position as a market leader and the ability to bully and neglect their consumers that comes with it. I do agree that it's unfair to to chastise a company for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Bryan Wong
     (...) Woah you had me scared for a bit. Looking at your subject and the way you started off your message, I thought you ordered original light grey brick packs and received new light grey brick packs (would've been worse if it involved dark (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Bruce Hietbrink
     In addition to other people's posts, I think it's also good to remember that in the month before Christmas, a toy company probably hires a ton of temp workers to man their phones. I'd be totally surprised if there weren't any screwups. (...) Not (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Darren Hoffman
      I ordered $366 worth through the web site on Sunday afternoon. With 2nd (...) I have gone through almost the exact experience, I purchased a large S@H order, TLC charged my card, then sent an email saying the order was canceled. as Daniel said, I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —James Brown
     In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: (snip) I've ordered from S@H dozens of times, possibly over a hundred different times by now, and never ever had a single problem with either phone order (in the pre-website days) or the web service. (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Patrick S. O'Donnell
     (...) Wow! Working 60 & 70 hours a week will take it's toll on anybody. That and these short winter days and the holiday rush only add fuel to the fire. You mention that you have a family so there's more or your time divied up. Granted you have (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Gary Simas
     In lugnet.market.shopping, Daniel Siskind wrote: "> (...) This is normal for paypal. If I use my paypal card at a gas pump it will show up with two charges on my account. The first charge is the authorization the gas company does. The second is the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Shop@Home Nightmare! (from a now ex-AFOL) —Steve Dunn
   S@H is to expensive in Australia. I prefer to buy from EBAY in the US and pay the additional $30USD shipping. When you add $40 AUD to the price of a purchase and it's still cheaper than S@H, you soon learn not to bother. (20 years ago, 13-Dec-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)