 Marketplace / Shopping / 10122
    How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
   Well, here's how we're doing anyway. I don't remember seeing this idea posted yet, so hopefully I am not repeating something that's already been discussed. So here's the idea: Myself and some co-workers went together a couple weeks back to put (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Great idea! Also there's the aspect of getting back (in a very nice way) at all those people who dragged you to their tupperware/candle/utensil/etc. parties... make them all order something! (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
     (...) The interesting thing was... it wasn't even my idea. To be honest, it had never occured to me. I had always looked at Shop At Home and thought, "I'd love to start ordering again, but it's hard to stomach paying $4.50 U.S. shipping for a couple (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Bert Waters
   (...) Our Lug has been combining orders for the last two years. Even without the free shipping that expires soon (10 days and counting!), when we place large orders as a group, we save on total shipping costs. I just added a Breezeway Cafe and the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Thomas Garrison
     (...) The other great advantage to combining orders is potential savings on accessory packs. The 15% discount doesn't kick in until you order at least 15 accessory packs (of the proper type, of course). It's more convenient to find two other people (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
   (...) I meant to mention something... perhaps it's obvious, perhaps not. The folks I ordered with are not adult LEGO builders such as myself. These are just parents of LEGO building kids. So this little plan doesn't have to rely on you somehow (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Frank Filz
   (...) You let someone order brick separators? Don't you have an over-abundance of them???? Frank (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
   (...) Frank, you will be happy to know that I gave away a brick separator just last week. However, as for having an abundance... no I wouldn't say I do. I now have one green one and two silver ones. That's it. If I understand correctly, wasn't there (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Frank Filz
   (...) Actually, I might not have enough anymore. In North Carolina, I had at least two brick separators for each room, or major part of a room (2 by the computer in the living room, 2 in the dining room, 2 in the kitchen, 2 in the bathroom, 2 in the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) 2 in your bathroom(s)? What are you building in THERE? Ewww... XFUT o-t.fun (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        How many brick separators do you need if a brick separator could split bricks? —Allan Bedford
     (...) Bathroom? I gotta go with Larry's comment on that one. ;) Do you really build in all those places? I gave away one of my 4 for the simple reason that I thought I was already overstocked. The odd time I do use one... I use only one. Am I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.build)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
   (...) You've probably never seen them, since they probably don't exist. :) I'm such a loser. I actually just found the package that the 'silver' one came in. It's set #821, just an ordinary dark grey brick separator. I bought it around the time I (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —William R. Ward
   (...) As your penance, you have to write "I am an AFOL" on a blackboard 100 times. :-) Personally I've never even seen a green one. I have about four of the dark grey ones, from that suitcase bulk pack LEGO sold a few years back. You know, the one (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Allan Bedford
   (...) But I'm not. Really I'm not. Of course, not that I have ever worried about such a thing: (URL)Personally I've never even seen a green one. I have about four of the (...) I guess the reason I _thought_ they were silver also had to do with the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —William R. Ward
     (...) That's why the smiley. --BIll. (21 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —Maggie Cambron
   (...) That's okay, I *did* buy LEGO when those were still on the shelves, yet I passed them up! :-( (URL) only have a couple of the containers because of garage sales. They also had two baseplate lid containers, and both two and three green (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99 —William R. Ward
   (...) That's the right kind of container, but I don't think that's the right set for what I have. Mine had just basic bricks in it, including a bunch of the yellow ones with eyes and smiles on them. I think that's where my red and yellow striped 33 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)