 Marketplace / Shopping / *1959 (-20)
  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

TRU didn't send any email at all except my receipt on 12/25. It looks like they believe they stuffed a Mos Espa into that tiny box. I'll have to call that number and wait on queue. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: YOUR WANT LIST

(...) Hello Emmanuel I saw on all these pages that you are a Lego wizzard. I'm looking for a railroadcrossing 4532. Can you help me? Greetings Hans. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  red tags at WalMart

While shopping at the WM sc (Chiefland FL) I noted the following sets were now red tagged. I'm not going to list the prices (because that will be outdated shortly), but the clearances were generally in the 20%-45% off range. 2253 X-Large Tubes 2803 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Erik, (...) Did you get that e-mail form them explaining it? They said they were going to FEDEX my stuff overnight as well, but to no avail. Then I got the e-mail talking about the hundred dollars. I also waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Pawel, I never saw a name like that before. Is it a version of Paul perhaps? (Just curious!) (...) I rarely buy from TRU in the first place, but they did have several SW LEGo sets at really good prices, so I bought them. I placed my order on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

I ordered a Mos Espa Podrace and Naboo Fighter on 11/26 and only the smaller one, Naboo Fighter, arrived FedEx overnight on 12/24 marked "deliver by 12/21". According to the packing slip and "My Account", they completed 1 of 1 shipments with 2 sets. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

(...) Scott I must have missed something, and I would hate to miss a good business lesson. Why did you get the TRU money? Did they not process your online order? By the way - by giving you Geoffrey dollars, they are sure to get you back;) -- pn (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

To All, I just got a FEDEX package with the $100 of Geoffrey dollars in it, and a letter that was the same as the e-mail. It is a nice gesture, to be sure, but it also serves as a good business lesson, if you don't serve your customers, you don't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  5978 - Watta deal!

After reading all the dim findings of my SE Michigan bretheren, I was a little hesitant to venture for in search of good deals. Boy am I glad I did today! I went to one of my local Wal Marts. Nothing great at first glance. All the little Adventurer (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  shipping time from DYA ?

I ordered some stuff from DYA a few weeks ago when the Clubcar and other items were briefly available (I missed the Club Car, but got a few of the other train items). I'm wondering how long it normally takes to receive packages from DYA, 3 weeks, 4 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) What you speak of seems to be *very* dependent on the particular store and their philosophy of markdowns. My local WM-sc seems to be of the mind "don't clearance it until we have tried ever other way to sell it. Once we start marking down, do (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I've seen you advocate this, but I have to, to a certain extent, disagree. Suppose you don't buy any, the price doesn't drop, and someone else buys them all? Or worse, it drops, and someone else swoops in and buys them all. Now what do you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) As long as most of them don't move, they should drop. If you're tempted to buy a few now, don't. You'll just hold up the price drops, or possibly stop them entirely. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The mother load at Wal-Mart in Clearwater, Florida! They have a large pallet stacked 5 feet hi with Advent calendars marked down to $10. There must be 75~100 of these sets. I think I’ll wait and see what they do with all of them. Maybe the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The Wal-Marts here have the Advent calendars marked down to $10, much better than their typical ~33% off clearance prices. Steve (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

(...) Don't buy them for that. If you do, you're probably killing any chance that they'll go cheaper in the coming weeks. (...) Don't bet on it. Just because Target is discounting a set doesn't mean Wal-Mart will, and on-hand stock doesn't seem to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ... <snip ninjas> (...) I doubt that the Mos Espa Pod Race will go on clearance yet - its only been on the market for about 8 months, right? Are SW sets not going to be on shelves the normal 2 years? I'd thought they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

Was at one of the local walmarts today and they had 6093 flying ninja fortress on sale for $59. There were not any other Lego sets on sale, and they had about 30 of these. On a side note, they had over 50 of the Mos Espa Pod Racer sets at full (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Check www.target.com They had both of these sets listed at $30 and were in stock as of yesterday. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Advent set at Target

(...) I grabbed 2 of these at the clearance price of $11.90 from the Target on 28th street in GR. I haven't decided whether to use them for parts or to save them for next year and give them to some of my friend's children... The Targets back here in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact