 Marketplace / Services / *310 (-20)
  Re: Delays possible

(...) Kinda tough when you're on the road. My last backup was the last time I was home, 3 weeks ago. Much as I'd like to take every possible useful thing with me, there isn't room in my luggage. I am not TOO worried, the drive is readable, just not (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Delays possible

(...) You *DID* do a weekly backup I hope... ? I know what it's like, one of the reasons I bought a CD-RW unit. Sure paid itself back multiple times already ;-) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Delays possible

Expect some factoring and sale consummation delays... I took a hard drive hit, I have web access via other machines only, making it hard to do anything. New PC coming to my house wed/thu so it should be only a brief delay (sysem won't boot but I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay spam??

(...) Thanks a lot for the help... it's really sad some people need to abuse such a great system. (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Brickbay spam??

(...) You can now turn the contact feature off by going into general preferences. My own admin@brickbay.com e-mail address was suspended for a couple days because couple people forwarded the message from Mark Ng to my provider with full headers (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  X.com Account Closure

I closed my X.com account about a month ago when they announced the new fee structure. Today I received a check for my remaining balance - $3.75! Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: PayPal international

(...) The way I read it is that you will be charged the above fee anytime PayPal handles non-US cash on your behalf (either paying you in non-US cash, or accepting for deposit, non-US cash). It looks like PayPal will remain entirely free for the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: X "eXits" banking biz

(...) I wonder if part of why they closed X is that droves of people left when they started charging for small accounts? (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: X "eXits" banking biz

(...) Well, I am just blown right out of the water. This stinks. I like Paypal and I like using X.com banking. In the last few months I have switched to using X.com banking for the majority of my financial obligations. Now I have to switch my (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  PayPal international

Can someone verify how PayPal assesses fees on international transactions? I find conflicting information on their website. After logging in to your account, the "Policy Changes" link provides the following: International Payments Free for Domestic (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: X "eXits" banking biz

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G3r9Iw.AAv@lugnet.com... (...) My take on this is that nobody utilized the checking/debit card feature of the X.com accounts. PayPal achieved critical mass before X.com in the e-mail (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  X "eXits" banking biz

X.com is quitting... I got this in my mail today: (...) the letter goes on to give details of the unwind and encourages people to join PayPal. IIRC X acquired PayPal so this is a twist! ++Lar (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Inconsiderate INDIVIDUAL (was Brickbay spam??)

(...) I agree 100%, I merely meant that he could blocksany possible use by 3rd parties for the service@brickbay.com adres. And if people want it, make a special "announce" like mail adres to which people can subscribe. (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Inconsiderate INDIVIDUAL (was Brickbay spam??)

(...) I'd just like to stress that this isn't really Brickbay spam - this is spam sent by someone with no manners who decided to abuse the Brickbay system to send it. While it may make it easier to "filter" all mail if Dan were to make mail from the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Brickbay spam??

This morning I found an email, with "service@brickbay.com" as sender. It turned out to be spam by Mark Ng. I am not interested in his postings, so on Usenet I can filter them out, same for personal email. But now that people are using the Brickbay (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?

(...) No, no, no! You're supposed to dispense information. Jeez. ;-) (...) It is the invokation of good-luck voodoo that keeps our economy stable. Duh. (...) I don't think that's logically the same since it doesn't instruct on a point of law. I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: End of factoring?

(...) I give the entire $5 back when someone signs up as a new member of LUGNET and of PayPal at the same time, and I can match the referral-bonus email notification up with their payment, and credit them the $5 referral bonus towards their (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?

(...) Um... I give. For that matter, what does "in God we Trust" mean? I don't. Does that mean I can't use the money if I don't? I think that whatever terms I arrange and which the other party accepts, are binding. If I am not specific about how I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?

(...) How so? All I am saying is that I am not home to process mail. I've said before that Josette doesn't like to do it, and doesn't do it very accurately. So getting mail is a huge hassle because I am not there to see it. Nothing else. However I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Can we all agree to do eCheck payments with Paypal and not CC?

(...) If you'll still accept other forms of payment, then I'll still buy. Got any 2x2x5 girders around? :-) (...) The problem I have is that PayPal places an unreasonable hold/delay on funds wired in to them. Wired moeny is already in their hands - (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.services)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact