 Marketplace / Services / 306
Re: Brickbay spam??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:00:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
This morning I found an email, with "service@brickbay.com" as sender. It
turned out to be spam by Mark Ng. I am not interested in his postings, so
on Usenet I can filter them out, same for personal email. But now that
people are using the Brickbay service email to send a message to everybody
filtering becomes a lot harder. It's not possible to block
"service@brickbay.com" without also losing all functionality of Brickbay
:-(

Dan, if you're reading this, please consider changing this, and add a
separate "mailing list" email adres where everybody on Brickbay can choose
to get this kind of emails or not.

You can now turn the contact feature off by going into general preferences.
My own admin@brickbay.com e-mail address was suspended for a couple days
because couple people forwarded the message from Mark Ng to my provider with
full headers "service@brickbay.com" as originated from the contact form.
I hope this won't happen again, now the contact feature defaults to NO upon
registration so please select this option at your own risk.