 Marketplace / Services / 298
Re: Inconsiderate INDIVIDUAL (was Brickbay spam??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:29:26 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.market.services, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Dan, if you're reading this, please consider changing this, and add a
separate "mailing list" email adres where everybody on Brickbay can choose
to get this kind of emails or not.

I'd just like to stress that this isn't really Brickbay spam - this is spam
sent by someone with no manners who decided to abuse the Brickbay system to
send it.

While it may make it easier to "filter" all mail if Dan were to make mail
from the "contact" link come from contact@brickbay.com it will do just that
- filter all mail.  I've been contacted a couple of times for legitimate
reasons by that method, so I certainly wouldn't direct ALL mail from that
link to the trash.

Dan can do what he wants since it is his site, but I don't place even a
fraction of the blame for this spam on Brickbay.  I'd rather direct any and
all ill feelings over it to the responsible party.  And I personally don't
care if he's selling Lego sets to raise money for starving children or
whatever his reason was - I don't want to be spammed in my mailbox about it.
I hope everyone who was does just what I did - completely ignore the listing
of sets and do absolutely no business with the person whatsoever.

I agree 100%, I merely meant that he could blocksany possible use by 3rd
parties for the service@brickbay.com adres. And if people want it, make a
special "announce" like mail adres to which people can subscribe.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com