 Marketplace / Services / 299
298  |  300
Subject:
X "eXits" banking biz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:35:20 GMT

X.com is quitting... I got this in my mail today:

Dear X.com account holder,

As part of X.com's continuing product shift to focus exclusively on our
industry-leading online payment service, PayPal, we are ceasing operation
of the X Finance business.... <snip>

the letter goes on to give details of the unwind and encourages people to
join PayPal.

IIRC X acquired PayPal so this is a twist!

++Lar