 Marketplace / Services / 302
Re: X "eXits" banking biz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Rob Doucette writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
X.com is quitting...

My take on this is that nobody utilized the checking/debit card feature of
the X.com accounts.  PayPal achieved critical mass before X.com in the
e-mail funds game.  I would rather have seen X.com blend the two by adding
the checking/debit card features to PayPal.

Well, I am just blown right out of the water.  This stinks.
I like Paypal and I like using X.com banking.  In the last few months I have
switched to using X.com banking for the majority of my financial
obligations.  Now I have to switch my payroll direct deposit routing back to my
local bank.  This stinks.

I am certainly glad that Paypal is still around, but I used X.com to store my
funds at and then used Paypal to send money.  Since X.com is a bank account, I
was able to send money through Paypal as a non-credit card funded transaction.
This way payment recipients would not be penalized by the credit card
limitations of cash received via Paypal.  This just stinks.

I may consider closing my Paypal account and going back to the old ways of
doing things, but that is highly illogical, Captain.

Did I say yet that I think this stinks?

__Kevin Salm__