 Marketplace / Services / 303
Re: X "eXits" banking biz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:13:14 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

X.com is quitting... I got this in my mail today:

Dear X.com account holder,

As part of X.com's continuing product shift to focus exclusively on our
industry-leading online payment service, PayPal, we are ceasing operation
of the X Finance business.... <snip>

the letter goes on to give details of the unwind and encourages people to
join PayPal.

IIRC X acquired PayPal so this is a twist!

I wonder if part of why they closed X is that droves of people left when
they started charging for small accounts?

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com