 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1066
Re: GB#3 - Question about splitting or content - Do you need WHEELS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 04:39:45 GMT

   My son and I liked the looks of a couple of the caster-style wheels
(aircraft?) and some of the nostalgic ones like I had when I was his age...
but I'm sure we can find something interesting in there when it gets here!
The four-bladed props turned out to be a not "needed", my son produced one
here and proceeded to show me how it wouldn't work on a Technic axle... :)  I
wish he'd focus all his knowledge on how to make things WORK instead of NOT
WORK...I've been fighting a problem for the last hour...

Dave

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
Ok, looks like I'm going to be pulling out some stuff to send to Larry and
Tom, and then sending the box to David, who will send it to Thomas.

If there is any problem with this, please speak up by Monday early evening.
I will be processing Monday evening, and going to the Post Office Tuesday
(sorry about the stop taking a little longer here, I've been a bit busy, and
should have processed this quicker).

It looks like this is being resolved without sending any money to Lugnet
which Chris Weeks preferred to avoid.

David, please e-mail me your postal address. Also David, I don't know if you
had identified which wheels you were most interested in. Larry and Tom's
requests were both somewhat flexible so I want to make sure that some of the
wheels you were interested in will still be in the box for you.

Frank

David C. Pyatt wrote in message ...
Frank,

Let me know what you need from me to get me put into the rotation... I get • my
email several times a day, so I'll get it to you ASAP.

Dave (was accepted as a LUGNET member!)

PS: Thanks Thomas!

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Thomas Main writes:
David,

I'm not really interested in wheels at all, so it would be more than
fine if you took the box before me.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

"David C. Pyatt" wrote:

Frank's proposal sounds fine to me if it is agreeable to everyone • else... I
am
the new guy on the block so to speak, so seniority should get 1st • picks...
I don't want to step on Thomas's toes, so the call is his on passing it
towards me first... My son went bezerk when he saw the picture... • (That's
why
the website is www.jclay.makes.itgo.com)  I think he's trying to surpass • Larry
and the rest of you in total brick count before his 8th birthday... all • I
know
is he's running me into the poorhouse! :)

The key pieces that caught my eye were the four bladed propeller/fans in • (one
of each color/style is plenty) The little 2 bladed prop and some of the • caster-
style wheels.

Besides wheels, what type of things are in the box at this point, or is • the
picture the whole enchilada?

Dave (who bought his 8448 wheels last week on eBay!... and sorry, they • WON'T
be going into the box! :p )

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Well, I looked at the pic Frank posted and I would be willing to take
some of these wheels. I'll follow up with Frank on exactly what I
want... think early town and space though and you'll get the idea.

Ok, several people have expressed an interest in some of the wheels.
I'll probably need to arbitrate a few conflicts. Here is what I propose
to do:

- whatever wheels Larry is interested in, I will send to him at my • cost.
This is in appreciation of all the work Larry did to start these boxes
(and I'll be needing to mail him a check anywise).

- whatever wheels Tom Stangl is interested in (he contacted me • offline),
I will send to him, again at my cost. Consider the mailing cost of • these
first two items part of my contribution to getting the whole thing
started.

- if David is interested in a LOT of the wheels, I propose inserting
David before Thomas Main, and let David contribute some stuff to the • box
which will expand the variety. If David wants a small amount of wheels,
I'll ask him to make a contribution to Lugnet (or if he wants, and has
the parts for it, he could start a new box).

- if anyone else expresses and interest, and there is still a
significant number of wheels to be disposed of, we'll figure out how to
handle that (probably by contributions to Lugnet).

As far as deciding who gets which wheels if there is a conflict, please
indicate for each type of wheel you are interested the minimum quantity
and granularity you want (like if I can't get 8 of those, I don't want
any, and I want multiples of 4). Also indicate on a scale of 1-5 your
desire to have the wheels (where 5 is highest). If you want to be lazy,
I'll assume a 3 for all items, and that you want multiples of 4 for
wheels, and multiples of 4 axle pins for axles, and multiples of 1 for
the propellors.

I think the above order of people is reasonable (but Larry and Tom can
both chose to place themselves further down the list).

I'm probably making this more complicated that it needs to be, but hey,
I like things to be clear.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com