 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1023
Re: GB#3 - Question about splitting or content - Do you need WHEELS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:43:10 GMT

Yes, and this is the reason I may not add myself into new boxes - the
shipping costs are getting outrageous on many of these boxes.  While it's a
lot of fun to dig through to see what you get, I have yet to get a box with
enough stuff to justify the cost of shipping it back out.  My money is
getting a lot tighter, so I can't afford to do this much.

I really think boxes should be kept under 3 lbs, to keep the shipping costs
down.  Adding in catalogs is neat, but they quickly raise the shipping
costs.

Frank Filz wrote:

GB#3 just arrived in my mail last night. Tom wasn't kidding about the
weight. It cost him $5.70 or something like that to ship it to me. More
than half the weight is wheels. The wheels are mostly older styles
either with fixed axles, or with the metal axles which plug into a 2x4
brick.