 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1035
Re: GB#3 - Question about splitting or content - Do you need WHEELS? - PICTURE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 04:36:13 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <38983F0D.6956@mindspring.com>...
GB#3 just arrived in my mail last night. Tom wasn't kidding about the
weight. It cost him $5.70 or something like that to ship it to me. More
than half the weight is wheels. The wheels are mostly older styles
either with fixed axles, or with the metal axles which plug into a 2x4
brick.

There are also a few parts in real sad shape. Since Junk Box #2 is
supposedly on its way to me sometime in the next year or two or three
(sorry, I'm starting to get a bit testy about that...) I propose moving
all the junk parts to JB#2, and perhaps even a selection of the wheels.

GB#2 either needs to be split, or seriously trimmed. I don't think
people are going to want to continue paying close to 6 bucks to ship
wheels around.

If anyone has a serious interest in older wheels, please let us know, we
might want to have the box make a detour or just send the wheels
directly to you and ask you to start a new Jambalaya box, or contribute
some extra bucks to Lugnet or something.

I'll try and take some time to take a picture of the wheels tonight so
people can see just what we're dealing with.

Picture is at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/images/gb3_wheels.jpg

Warning, this is a 160k picture. Due to the somewhat limited monthly
bandwidth of my ISP, please only view this picture if you really are
interested in just how many wheels there are, and what types they are. I'll
be happy to answer specific questions (it's a little hard to tell exactly
what types of tires are on some of these).

follow-ups to lugnet.market.jambalaya

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com