 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1026
Re: GB#3 - Question about splitting or content - Do you need WHEELS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:13:03 GMT

Yep, and I kept my promise - I didn't add a single wheel/axle to the box ;-)

Of course, I didn't TAKE any either - none I needed.

Mike Walsh wrote:

Frank Filz wrote in message <38983F0D.6956@mindspring.com>...
GB#3 just arrived in my mail last night. Tom wasn't kidding about the
weight. It cost him $5.70 or something like that to ship it to me. More
than half the weight is wheels. The wheels are mostly older styles
either with fixed axles, or with the metal axles which plug into a 2x4
brick.

There are also a few parts in real sad shape. Since Junk Box #2 is
supposedly on its way to me sometime in the next year or two or three
(sorry, I'm starting to get a bit testy about that...) I propose moving
all the junk parts to JB#2, and perhaps even a selection of the wheels.

GB#2 either needs to be split, or seriously trimmed. I don't think
people are going to want to continue paying close to 6 bucks to ship
wheels around.

Frank is absolutely right about this.  Last night I stopped by his place to
pick up a mono-rail service pack he had gotten for me and he showed me GB
#3.  The amount of wheels in this box borders on the rediculous.

I saw GB #1 right out of the chute (from Larry P.) and GB #2 not long after.
My hopes for this project were high and I tried to increase the
value/content of the box each time I had it.  Since I don't know what GB #3
looked like at the start it probably is unfair to say that all of the
previous recipients are guilty of wheel dumping but from the looks of the
box it sure appears that way.  My advice to Frank was to pull some of the
wheels simply in the best interest of the project and add them to other
boxes as they (if they) come through the territory.

My $0.02, YMMV.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh