 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1183
Re: GB#3 and the future of Jambalaya
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:21:25 GMT

Thomas Main wrote in message ...
I received General Box #3 today and will be sending it out tommorrow.  This • is
my second Jambalaya box and the last I am on the lists for.  I am glad I • won't
be participating anymore.  It seemed like a good idea when it all • started...but
both boxes I have gotten weren't worth the postage to send them along. • This
one barely seems to have any parts in it at all :(  Maybe it's just the • mood on
LUGNET this week, but I'm kinda bummed about it all.  Anyway, I didn't see • any
pieces I wanted from this box and I just added a few, listed below:

Well, this one was kinda thin ignoring all the wheels, and after I pulled
out a bunch of pieces which belong in a Junk Box (I do need to get Junk Box
#3 going).

It may be time to sit back a bit, and think of a better way to handle these
boxes. I feel I've gotten something out of them, but not much, probably not
enough to justify the postage. I'll let you know how I feel about the promo
box when it gets here.

Perhaps a better way to handle the parts people don't want is for people to
announce what they have in a post here. Then, people who want the stuff
people are putting up, can say "hey I'd like that, I'll x.com you some bucks
to cover the postage". Presumably the person interested in the parts will
have put up their own list. Of course there will end up being some parts
absolutely no one is interested in. If after months of your list being made
available, no one has bitten, you can probably feel comfortable in
circularly filing the parts.

It would also be nice if people would point out parts that have significant
value, and make an opportunity for those parts to be sold for a fair price.

Frank