 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8293
Re: level of interest in 7151 / Sith ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:32:25 GMT

Interesting...  This exposes a market operation that lego sales have not entered
into much. Where there is product readily available in some places and demand in
others (at an unknown price point). If would be nice if there was a demand
oriented pricing model for 'lego' comodities.

What I'm describing is the varience in responses I'm getting here. Some people
are willing to pay $15-$16, some around $10, and one will take a large lot
around $12.

It would be cool if we had some way to tally 'willing to pay X-dollars-per for
(up-to)Y-quantities', in a form that everyone can see the stratification. Then I
spot a pile of 7151s (or whatever), and go look at the demand-oriented 'willing
to pay' to see if it makes sense (business wise).

I'm thinking it would work something like this... (simplistically of course)

1) Joe enters a desired quantity and price
2) Sam sees clearanced product, makes a note and checks the desire listings
3) Either manually or automagically, a matchup is made
4) Sam contacts Joe to confirm the proposed sale
5) Sam buys product
6) Joe sends payment
7) Sam ships product to Joe

This would save quite a bit of time on both parties part. If something like this
existed, I could have estimated desire levels vs. price while I was still in
Valdosta (using my laptop and a phone jack somewhere). I could have at least got
thru step 3 (above).

Food for thought.

Ray
(followups to .market.theory)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn writes:
$10 + 3 cents tax + shipping???

I'll swing by Wal-Mart and see if the price has dropped from $15...

Paul Sinasohn

More bluntly:
Anyone willing to sell any quantity of 7151's for US $10 each, is welcome to
contact me, and I'll buy them. (assuming shipping cost et al is reasonable)

There.  Now the market has a minimum value established for a while.  :)

James